Region codes-What can I Do?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by t2_lurking, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. t2_lurking

    t2_lurking Guest

    I have just found a DVD I have wanted for years (Edge of Darkness, Bob Peck,
    J Whalley, etc..) but it's at amazon.uk and it's a region 2 DVD.
    I live in the US and I understand that my DVD player will not play region 2,
    but if I buy it is there some way involving a PC that I can convert it to a
    region 1?
    Plus there's the PAL - NTSC thing, right? If I bought a cheapo DVD region 2
    player it still wouldn't work, correct?

    TIA

    t2_lurking
    geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
    Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
    ============================
    Well, i dreamed i saw the silver
    Space ships flying
    In the yellow haze of the sun
    -- Neil Young --

    t2_lurking, Dec 2, 2003

  2. t2_lurking

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    You need to buy a DVD player that is region-free and will convert PAL to
    NTSC. This site can help:

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com

    Joshua Zyber, Dec 2, 2003

  3. t2_lurking

    john33907 Guest

    Send it to me I will convert it for you free. And return your disc,
    then you can sell it on eBay.

    john33907, Dec 2, 2003
  4. t2_lurking

    Cernovog Guest

    That would be my advice. You beat me to it, Josh.

    DVDRhelp.com is a very useful site with a comprehensive listing of DVD
    players and their capabilities. Many of them have easy hacks or undocumented
    remote control commands that will enable multi-region play.

    Cernovog, Dec 2, 2003
  5. t2_lurking

    t2_lurking Guest

    Thanks for the help and the link.

    t2_lurking, Dec 2, 2003
  6. t2_lurking

    t2_lurking Guest

    Thanks to both for the link, most illuminating.

    t2_lurking
    geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
    Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
    ===============================
    The Joy that isn't shared, I've heard,
    dies young.
    ---- Anne Sexton ----

    t2_lurking, Dec 2, 2003
  7. t2_lurking

    t2_lurking Guest

    Thanks for the offer, but I may have friend who has DVDXcopy just make me a
    regionless one. I wouldn't want to sell it, trying to be good before xmas,
    santa's watching and all. 8))
    --

    t2_lurking
    geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
    Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
    ============================
    Roadrunner... the Coyote's after you
    Roadrunner... if he catches you you're through!

    t2_lurking, Dec 2, 2003
  8. t2_lurking

    Stan Brown Guest

    makes it harder to follow discussions.
    before the material you're commenting on, it
    When you put your comments

    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#upside

    Stan Brown, Dec 3, 2003