    I can recode it for region-free?

    Help!

    TIA

    Wanderer, Dec 25, 2005

  2. Wanderer

    Patty Winter Guest

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers has great information.
    That would be a good place to check on available modifications
    for a specific model. I used the site to help me select a DVD
    player that I could make region free with the remote. Some of
    them need hardware modifications, and some can't be modified
    at all. If the one you bought can't be made region-free, you
    should be able to find plenty that can, and get her one of
    those.

    Patty

    Patty Winter, Dec 26, 2005

  3. Wanderer

    Wanderer Guest

    Thanks, but I have already bought and paid for it.

    Wanderer, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Wanderer

    Mike Bird Guest

    What is the model number of the player. Insignia have a number of models
    out on the market.

    The term for modifying a DVD player to play all regions is 'hacking' and
    this can very often be done by just using the remote control to go to a menu
    that is not shown in the instruction book but can be pulled up with a four
    or five number code being pressed on the remote.

    Michael

    Mike Bird, Dec 26, 2005
  5. Wanderer

    Wanderer Guest

    PDVD10 - that would be what I am looking for! Thanks.

    Wanderer, Dec 26, 2005
  6. Wanderer

    Patty Winter Guest

    Perhaps you only read the last portion of my message. In the
    first sentence, I recommended a place that should tell you how
    to modify the unit you bought if indeed it can be made region-free.

    Patty

    Patty Winter, Dec 26, 2005
  7. Wanderer

    Bratboy Guest

    Bratboy, Dec 26, 2005
  8. Wanderer

    Bratboy Guest

    Region code hack posted by ps_aurora, September 24 2005:
    The following hack also works for the Mintek MDP-1020/MDP-1060:

    1. Power on
    2. Open disc tray

    With remote control:
    3. Press Setup
    4. Select Preferences
    5. Enter 253135
    6. Press Left Arrow
    7. Press Down Arrow
    (you should be seeing "REGION CODE 1" now)

    8. Press 10/0 to set REGION CODE to 0
    9. Press Setup (and it's done!)

    Bratboy, Dec 26, 2005