    states the NT/2000/XP have regedt32) command as my answer; however the
    practice test on Measureup implies that I have to use the regedit
    command. What is the deal?

    noobie win2k, Dec 30, 2003

  2. noobie win2k

    Geoff Guest

    basicly it's down to the feature of having control over permissions
    REGEDT32 was the reg editer in NT 3.xx
    regedit is from win9x

    regedit is now the norm, but up until winxp it had no permissions control,
    hence the old regedt32 program still hanging around

    i'v never had to use the permission controls in regedit ever though

    Geoff, Dec 30, 2003