regedit advice

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paris, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. paris

    paris Guest

    Hey,

    Sorry for the length of this question. But, I need to explain
    what my problem is.

    I have the software submitwolf pro 6.0 ... I also have the proper reg info
    for this software. It was given to me by trellian.com.

    However, since upgrading to a new computer system entirely, I lost the
    software - and had to re-download. After re-downloading, I input the
    reg info - clicked next ... but this time it said invalid. I tried numerous
    times, however, the outcome was always the same ... invalid.

    I emailed trellian support ... and they advised me - the reasoning for
    this was - I was not putting a hyphen in the number block. Oh yea! I
    thought. So I went back to re-input the reg info.

    Now, something strange has begun. For some strange reason now, when
    I input the reg info ... after doing so ... the next button ... which allows
    you
    to continue with the registration process ... remains washed out. I
    thought,
    what??? I tried over and over and over with the same result. Washed out
    next button. There is just no way to continue with the registration!

    I emailed trellian software support - but it's been almost 3 days now - and
    they have not responded.

    So, I thought .. maybe if I went to add/remove programs - and removed all
    instances to submitwolf pro .. then reinstalled ... maybe that would help.
    I did
    that - but it did not help.

    Then ,,, I thought ... Oh yea, I remembered the registry. If you trully
    want to
    clear out all instances of a program entirely - you have to also del entries
    in the
    registry.

    So, I went to regedit .. and I am not sure how I got there, but I eventually
    clicked on an entry that opened up where I saw folders listing trellian and
    all the
    entries pointing to submitwolf pro. What do I do now? Can I safely del
    these
    entries?

    Can someone give me an idea exactly how I should use regedit and how exactly
    I should go in and del these trellian software entries? Talk to me in easy
    understand terms. LOL, I'm quite thick-headed.

    Thank you so much for your time! And again, I do apologise for the length
    of
    this question.

    Thanks again in Advance!

    Paris

    Over 1,700 of the WEBS most Useful Sites - Massive Listing
    http://www.allsitecafe.com

    paris, Nov 4, 2003

  2. paris

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:28:58 -0800, "paris" <>

    E-mail or call them again. Tell them what happened.

    Harrison, Nov 4, 2003

  3. paris

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 4, 2003