Regarding upload/Download speeds

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by vasavi, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. vasavi

    vasavi Guest

    Hi all,

    I am doing available bandwidth module. I want to find the

    upload/downloads speeds of the link. I searched in the net.

    I got only the links where they are providing the software

    for upload/download speeds, through which we can get the

    results. "I want to know how those people calculated the

    upload/download speeds". Please suggest me the

    method/alogorithm/procedure to calculate the

    upload/download speeds.

    Thanx in advance,
    vasavi.

    vasavi, Dec 5, 2005

  2. vasavi

    Bob Guest

    You are kidding right????

    Size of file in bits / Time to download in seconds = bits per second then
    divide by 1024 to get KB/s

    NOTE: +/- Overhead....

    Bob, Dec 8, 2005