Regarding R8712u.ko

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by siva, Feb 12, 2012.

  1. siva

    siva Guest

    Dear All
    We have a Unigen device(UGWDR82NUH50) which uses RTL8191SU-GR Wi-Fi chipset
    We know that this device will work in Client mode in Linux-3.0 using th
    stagin
    driver i.e. r8712u
    Our task was to make the device to run as Access point
    In this regard i have few queries which are very important for us to proceed

    1) Will the same firmware used for client supports AP mode or not
    2) If it supports , does the driver code has enough calls to send the command
    for AP
    3) We currently doenst have a datasheet for RTL8191SU-GR, so without havin
    th
    knowledge of register set
    can we proceed?, i mean the current driver and firmware had the commands t
    support AP

    It would be of great help if can look in to this and reply ASAP

    Thanks in Advance and waiting for your repl
    Siva

    siva, Feb 12, 2012