    Professional Web site.
    When will i get the mail to activate my MCP account? Please help me to get
    the welcome kit for MCTS.

    Sangeetha hariraman, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Sangeetha hariraman

    Darrilgibson Guest

    Congratulations on passing these two exams.

    You might want to double check the emails you received. You should
    have received both an MCP ID and an Access code. If so, you can
    follow the instructions here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/passport/instructions_b.mspx

    This will allow you access to the MCP site. You can then go to the
    following page in the MCP site to order your welcome kit. It won't be
    sent automatically.
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/WelcomeKitValidateAddress.aspx

    If you don't have the MCP ID and an Access code, you can contact your
    regional support center.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx

    Often the reason people don't receive the MCP ID and Access Code is
    because their email address wasn't accurately recorded when they took
    the test, but it sounds like yours was. you received two
    congratulatory emails.

    You should only contact the support center after a reasonable amount
    of time (4-6 weeks) after passing your exam. Since you passed your
    first test in September, the reasonable amount of time has passed. To
    identify your regional support center, look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD...
    Mcitpsuccess.com

    Darrilgibson, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Sangeetha hariraman

    Satya Guest

    Hi,

    Couple of questions:

    1: I have found that the MS prescribed book "MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit
    (Exam 70-536): Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Application Development
    Foundation" is not upto the mark. I mean I read that it has many errors as
    well as some missing chapters. However please let me know what is your
    recommendation on that. What is your recommendation on other books.

    2: For an average person (not so smart but not dull too) like me how much
    time do you think is reqired for the preparation for 70learning -536 .NET
    i.e.e frame work API

    Thanks in advance,
    Satya

    Satya, Jan 10, 2008