    (I have cleared all traces of this previously installed program from the
    registry, and I have turned off my firewall, anti-virus etc))

    Thanks.

    Guest, Oct 7, 2005

  2. Guest

    The One Guest

    bashed at the keyboard and came up with:
    and the program would be?

    The One, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    Not likely, since you are essentially asking for help with a program
    but unwilling to specify what program.

    Evan Platt, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Guest

    Dave Lear Guest

    Without telling the group the name / version of the program you're trying to
    install? Good luck with that.

    With the (lack of) info given... if an installation is failing to create a
    registry key / value due to access permissions... are you attempting to
    install the software with a user account that isn't a member of the local
    Power Users or Administrators groups?

    Dave Lear, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Without telling the group the name / version of the program you're trying
    to install? Good luck with that.

    With the (lack of) info given... if an installation is failing to create a
    registry key / value due to access permissions... are you attempting to
    install the software with a user account that isn't a member of the local
    Power Users or Administrators groups?[/QUOTE]

    umm..sorry I didn't mention the name of the program. It's `Absolute Shield
    Internet Eraser Lite'. I had it installed, uninstalled and want to install
    it again but I can't.

    Guest, Oct 8, 2005