Refilling your printer cartridges now equates to committing a crime?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XP, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. XP

    XP Guest

    XP, Sep 5, 2005

  2. XP

    Squirrel Guest

    Squirrel, Sep 6, 2005

  3. T'was the Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:58:41 +1200 when I remembered XP
    Who uses Lexmark printers anyway:)

    I've got a very reliable HP Laserjet 5P off trademe for $20, and I
    tell ya what, best purchase off that damn (damn them for making me
    spend so much money;)) website yet!

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 6, 2005
  4. XP

    Shane Guest

    It was on slashdot yesterday, the gist of it was, Lexmark sells printer
    cartridges for a lower price on the condition you return it (or somesh*t)
    Judgement was, its a patent infringement to take those cartridges and
    refill them yourselves.
    Its a big noise because its saying that once you have bought something,
    you have to use it as you agreed to, and no other way. No more hacking
    XBox to run *nix, no more buying jug cords to use as computer power cords,
    no more buying belts to wrap around kids asses.

    Shane, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 6, 2005
  6. XP

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Sep 6, 2005
  7. XP

    archer Guest

    Yah for HP5s at work there's six that have clocked up over 1.2 million
    copies without problems. Not bad for the inmitial investment.

    archer, Sep 9, 2005
  8. Its obviuos you know Crap there is no World, its all made in teh US.

    Why dont you Stop befre you make even more of an Utter Fool of yuorself.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 12, 2005
  9. Maybe I should have added an "X-Parody: Yes" header line or something. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 17, 2005