    As a matter of interest, what would happen if I did nothing about this
    faulty referenced memory ?

    Eirlys....................standing well back!

    Eirlys, May 27, 2004

  2. Eirlys

    °Mike° Guest

    Why would you not want to do anything about it?

    I, for one, would be very reluctant to offer you any
    further advice if you just ignore it for no good reason.

    °Mike°, May 27, 2004

  3. Eirlys

    Ron Martell Guest

    The underlying cause of an message of the type

    "Instruction at (address) referenced memory at (address). The memory
    could not be written."

    is usually shoddy programming.

    Identifying the specific software involved can be time consuming. In
    your case these errors reportedly appear when you close Outlook
    Express. That would make the prime suspect not just Outlook Express
    but also anything else that is running in conjunction with Outlook
    Express such as spam control software or anitvirus software that is
    set to scan emails.

    If there are no other consequences from this error then it can
    probably be ignored.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --