    quality?) My operating system is windows XP.

    Regards

    Steve Fisher

    Stephen Fisher, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Using a porgramme called "GSPOT" i've discovered bit rate is 60840 kb/s. Is
    this high?

    regards

    Steve

    Stephen Fisher, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Stephen Fisher

    gangle Guest

    They are uncompressed AVIs, which are HUGE.
    You need to load the AVI into Virtual Dub and compress it using
    a quality codec such as XviD (at a bitrate of about 1000 kbps).
    The sound could also be compressed (within Virtual Dub) into an
    MP3.

    Virtual Dub:
    http://www.virtualdub.org/download

    Xvid codec ("Latest Stable binary"):
    http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

    gangle, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Exactly what i needed. Using viortual dub and compressing video (did not
    bother with sound) 9Gg of home video has been reduced to 100Mb

    Thanks

    Steve

    Stephen Fisher, Jul 23, 2005