Reducing Photo Size

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Edward Eusery, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. How do I reduce a size of a photo so everyone can view it better in the
    newsgroup?

    Edward Eusery, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Edward Eusery

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Do you have software like Photoshop? Irfanview? Check on image size.
    (Image/Resize in Irfanview)
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    But don't post it to THIS newsgroup - it's text only please ;)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Edward Eusery

    Ray W Guest

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Ray W, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Edward Eusery

    Boomer Guest

    Hi

    What graphics editor(s) do you have on your computer?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    How large is it? What format?

    Size should not matter too much in most binary groups. What
    group? Does the group have a FAQ?

    Boomer, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Edward Eusery

    Ron Reaugh Guest

    Ron Reaugh, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Infranview worked, thanks everyone.

    Edward Eusery, Jun 21, 2004
  7. Thanks, Ron, that worked even better. After looking back at my initial email
    I can see where everyone thought I was going to post it to this group, this
    is not my intention, sorry for the confusing email.

    Edward Eusery, Jun 21, 2004
  8. Edward Eusery

    gangle Guest

    Newsgroup posts are NOT emails; there are two separate
    protocols involved:
    emails = SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
    posts = NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol)

    gangle, Jun 21, 2004