    shot to someone but the file size is too large. The 1 meg pictures were
    around 50-60K but the 5 is 1.8 meg.

    How can I shrink it?

    Wingman, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Wingman

    Jeff Guest

    What brand / model is your 5mp camera? Did you install the programs
    onto your PC / Mac that came with the camera?

    Jeff, Sep 12, 2003

  3. Wingman

    Lucas Guest

    You need some software where you can do the resize (and re-compression).
    You can do that for instance in AcdSee, Photoshop, or any other program that
    manipulates photos...

    Lucas, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Wingman

    Wingman Guest

    It's a Canon Powershot 50. I have a PC and I didn't install the s/w yet- but
    I will and take a look.

    Wingman, Sep 12, 2003
  5. There should be a setting on your camera where you can select the size of
    file each picture is to be.
    Chris

    Quantum Photography, Sep 12, 2003
  6. Wingman

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Download Irfanivew and you can convert the file to a .jpg file that is
    as small as you want. Just go to the File menu and select batch
    conversion. You should be able to figure out the method. Set the
    quality option for the output .jpg file somewhere around 30 for a start,
    and adjust up or down until you get the file size/quality you want.

    Ron Hunter, Sep 12, 2003
  7. Hi

    I asked a similar question earlier. I use IrfanView, which is a great free
    tool for editting images such as reducing image size. However it is more of
    an editor than a Digital Photo Manager and I find that its facilities to
    send pics by email are poor. I was recommended earlier Fototime Fotoalbum
    www.fototime.com. I installed it and it does the trick. You can compose an
    email from within fototime, and even chose the size for each individual
    picture. You can adjust the size using both image size, as well as by
    adjusting the compression thus giving you quite alot of flexibility with
    emailing pictures.

    Garrick

    Garrick Ransome, Sep 12, 2003
  8. Wingman

    Jeff Guest

    Your S50 should have come with a CD that contains software called
    "ZoomBrowser". Once installed it will handle the off-loading of pics
    from your camera to your PC and also give you thumbnails of images
    within their folders.
    You can select one or many images in this program and click the
    "E-mail" button to automatically resize and compress for email. It
    then launches Outlook and places the new resized images in the email
    for you. Pretty simple.
    -Jeff

    Jeff, Sep 12, 2003