Redistribute an EIGRP default route into OSPF?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by SAF, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. SAF

    SAF

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm having trouble finding information or examples that relate to my situation.
    R1------R3---R4

    R1,R2, and R3 are running EIGRP and R4 is running OSPF.

    R3 is the router connecting to the Internet and I have a default route set up using ip default-network. If I put in the "default information-originate" command on R3, will that redistribute the default network and allow R4 to learn the route? I've read around online and all im seeing is that a regular static route needs to be used. Can anyone shed some light for me? =D

    SAF, Aug 29, 2007