redist: bgp -> ripv2

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dom, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Dom

    Dom Guest

    [rtr1]____bgp____[rtr2]____ripv2____[rtr3]

    Don't seem to be able to get it going. Please, no lectures on why this
    may not be a good idea... it's only 15 routes or so.

    I'm presented with two issues.

    1. Getting the bgp routes into rip.

    Rtr2 config:

    router rip
    version 2
    redistribute bgp 65117
    network 195.16.87.0
    no auto-summary
    !
    router bgp 65117
    no synchronization
    bgp log-neighbor-changes
    bgp redistribute-internal
    network 195.16.87.32 mask 255.255.255.248

    2. Getting the network between rtr1 and rtr2 into rip.

    I could designate this network with the network command, but then I
    believe rip will begin advertising on it and this is not permissable.

    Dom, Jul 24, 2006

  2. Dom

    Dom Guest

    Seems that I haven't thought this through completely. I've got public
    and private networks on the back end and no nat. This raises and
    entirely new question: Is it possible to not nat the internal public
    range while overloading the internal private range? The following does
    not seem to do the trick (inside and outside interfaces deignated but
    not shown).

    ip nat inside source list nat interface Ethernet1 overload
    ip access-list standard nat
    deny 195.16.87.32 0.0.0.7
    permit any
    Figured this one out: redistribute connected.

    Dom, Jul 24, 2006