    that would do the trick, but so far I have not been able to make
    anything work.... Any insight would be appreciated.

    -=Andy

    Andrew Albert, Jul 21, 2004

  2. I think NAT can only do this kind of port redirection for inbound
    traffic, not outbound. *Maybe* there's some way to do it by pretending
    that outside is inside and vice versa, but that won't work if you're
    also doing ordinary NAT (since you need to identify inside and outside
    accurately for that to work).

    Barry Margolin, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Would using PBR to redirect the packets and then setting up a static
    translation for the destination to the Bellsouth mail server work?

    I think this is doable, but I've only ever tried it with PBR and doing
    destination rewriting on the target host.

    P.

    Paul S. Brown, Jul 21, 2004
  4. You might need to throw in NAT-on-a-stick (using a loopback interface)
    to make the router act like the destination host.

    Barry Margolin, Jul 21, 2004