    Any suggetions on doing this without having to hit each user's machine? The
    old server is Server 2000 SR4 and the new one is Server 2003 with all the
    newest whistles and bells.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    I must be missing something here but can't you just modify the login script?

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Guest

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    That's what I was thinking too.

    You DO have a login script, don't you?

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  4. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    You don't suppose he's googling "login script" at this moment do you?

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well, if terminal services wasn't scerwed up by one of the two previous
    admins, I'd not have a problem. I have to write login scripts and get them
    working without terminal services beig installed on that server - and yes,
    I've tried to activate it but somewhere along the way before i got into this
    company, it got removed - don't ask me how as I'm not the one who was here
    when it happened.

    And in general I think I'll just take care of the problem myself. The folks
    here seem to be more interested in being smart asses than helpful. Thanks for
    at least asking an intelligent question. I should have included more detail
    to start with to avoid the clowns.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2006
  6. Guest

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Nah...he couldn't be that stupid.

    I'll bet he's googling 'googling'

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  7. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    TMMBD (made my birthday)

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Just rewrite the login script, it won't take long though. Have you ever
    thought about DFS?

    Guest, Nov 7, 2006
  9. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Hey don't be mad at me. I'm not the one who screwed up your TS AND I'm not
    the one who didn't include pertinent info in the original post.
    BTW YSB AYB

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  10. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Oh dear, I'm afraid you've confused him now.

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  11. Guest

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Chill out Paul, geez!! We're just havin' a little fun. It is CBICs birthday,
    you know. Come on in and have a drink....heck....BE A CLOWN for a while.

    First of bra...this is a Certification froup, you got a few odd responses
    because of that, so what....lighten up. Secondly, if you had read a few of
    the posts BEFORE you wrote yours, you would have probably been smart enough
    to back out and find the right newsgroup.

    The answer to your problem... Login Script. OK. LOG-IN-SCRIPT. They're real
    simple, you just tell the computer that is asking the server for
    authentication to go to //new server/whatever/ whenever it logs in.

    There are also Startup and Shutdown scripts. I've used these in the past to
    track when a computer is being turned on or off. Really helpful when you've
    got a rogue employee that likes to enter the office at 3:00am, cook food,
    check out pr0n, and leave stains on the floor.

    Good luck on that issue.

    this should get you started:
    http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9y04zt1a.aspx

    Here are a few other pages:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BB-7AC7-4F42-825F-B122474D9A89&displaylang=en

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...html/6508efd2-d24a-4195-9854-7121e80a7b7e.asp

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  12. Guest

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    You're welcome. ;)

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    LOL

    Guest, Nov 7, 2006
  14. Guest

    JaR Guest

    ROFL! "Thanks, but KMA."

    Wow.

    JaR, Nov 7, 2006
  15. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    Damb, I hope that doesn't affect our bonus checks this quarter.

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2006
  16. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    And with that, we have the gratitude of another satisfied customer!

    Frisbee®, Nov 7, 2006
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=
    or if he had published the"Shared Folder" in AD, he could have created the
    short-cut originally pointing to the AD object and then modified the object
    in AD and BOOM! done for as many users as you've got.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/windows2000serv/evaluate/featfunc/
    fileprin.mspx?mfr=true

    no tiny for you asince you dis dis froup....

    Neil, Nov 7, 2006
  18. Guest

    JaR Guest

    We really need to think about charging more.

    JaR, Nov 7, 2006
  19. Guest

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    FINE!!!! I'm DOUBLING my rate!!!

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 7, 2006
  20. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    in AD and BOOM! done for as many users as you've got.

    What's AD BOOM?

    Jtyc, Nov 7, 2006