    so willl thise files will run only on RED HAT LINUX OR WILL THEY WORK
    ON LINUX SUSE ALSO.
    AMIT

    SIP3261, Aug 17, 2004

  2. This is off topic here. shold have been asked on a linux NG. However, I
    can tell you files with rpm extensions are redhat pakages files.
    Specific to redhat. You can't use these on SUSE.

    T. Sean Weintz, Aug 17, 2004

  3. SIP3261

    Castravete Guest

    If you feel like answering, at least check your facts:

    - RPM extensions are just extensions of a specific methodology of
    PACKAGING programs. Though most of the time the specific files packaged
    inside may be very platform specific, there are instances when an RPM
    package could be installed in RedHat, or Fedora, or SUSE, or Mandrake.

    - SUSE has been integrating the RPM for a long time now - so the "RPM"s
    made for SUSE will run on SUSE, of course, regardless of your opinion
    about extension vs. platform functionality.

    Castravete, Aug 17, 2004