    PCG - R505 EL but it keeps telling me to install a device driver which I
    can't find. I tried putting the original Vaio disks to see if it would look
    for them, but nothing. I need help with this installation.

    Jimmy S. Mejia, Mar 19, 2005

  2. Jimmy S. Mejia

    cluedweasel Guest

    Not Redhat 9 but there should be some pointers here;

    http://jpdavin.com/linux/linux-r505.html

    or try here;

    http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~sjedrus/vaio-linux.html

    As the first page mentions, that guy had more luck with FC3.

    There's lots more to be found on Google; Results 1 - 20 of about 1,790
    for "PCG - R505EL" linux. (0.56 seconds)

    cluedweasel, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Jimmy S. Mejia

    docmill Guest

    It's always, most of the time, and usually, if not this time, the modem.

    docmill, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Jimmy S. Mejia

    Parko Guest

    And the device requiring drivers is? Methinks FC3, SuSE 9.2, or Mandrake
    10.1 would be better options. RH9 is no longer supported.

    Parko, Mar 20, 2005