    Any help appreciated.
    Windows XP home and Outlook express 6
    Wilson.

    Wilson, May 28, 2004

  2. Wilson

    Iceman Guest

    Problems viewing jpgs or gifs:
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Iceman, May 28, 2004

  3. Wilson

    °Mike° Guest

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    <snip broken AVG signature>

    °Mike°, May 29, 2004
  4. Wilson

    Wilson Guest

    Wilson, May 29, 2004
  5. Wilson

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.
    In your first post, you had AVG adding it's spammy,
    broken signature to the end of your posts. By broken,
    I mean that Grisoft purposely will not fix it to comply
    with usenet guidelines; a properly delimited signature
    comprises *two* dashes followed by one space and
    then a CR/LF before the text of the signature. This
    way, properly compliant newsreaders will automatically
    snip the signature when replying. The AVG signature
    is nothing more than spam; it *cannot* guarantee
    that you are virus free (AVG is crap anyway), and
    there is absolutely no point in such a signature in a
    text only medium.

    °Mike°, May 29, 2004
  6. Wilson

    Wilson Guest

    Hi Mike,
    I replied to your latest message last night but for some reason it has
    not appeared & it is not in my sent box either.
    It was just to say that I have now disabled the AVG signature to
    outgoing mail. I had no idea it was so useless.
    However, I never have any problems with AVG as I do a full scan every
    24 hours and if there are any problems, it always lets me know.
    It always finds these common NetSky attachments that arrive daily.
    Thanks again for the words of advice.
    Kind regards.
    Wilson

    Wilson, May 30, 2004