    dont know if my camera is fried or what is really going on. Some pics
    are ok but others have those lines. Can somebody help? Thanks!

    Mike

    Mike K, Nov 12, 2006

  2. Mike K

    Dimitris M Guest

    Dimitris M, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Mike K

    Mike K Guest

    Thanks! I looked at the sample images and they didnt look like what I
    am seeing on my LCD and my images after taking the pics. I have
    straight blue and red lines running horizontally across the images. My
    LCD flickers as if there is some type of interference! Some of the pics
    are fine while others have those lines. Thanks

    Mike K, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Mike K

    m Ransley Guest

    It doesnt sound like the defective ccd issue, you need to research it.
    have you tried a different card, are battery and card contacts clean.

    m Ransley, Nov 13, 2006
  5. Mike K

    Mike K Guest

    I will clean the card contacts and reset my camera. It just started
    happening I have had it for about 4 yrs now. Thanks!

    Mike K, Nov 13, 2006
  6. Mike K

    Dimitris M Guest

    Does not matter if the image looks like those in the net. The nature of the
    falure produces unsimillar results from sample to sample. I have seen some
    defective cameras. All are completely different and almost all has no stable
    results. It becomes better or worst unexpectably, some times it becomes ok
    for some time and back again. The problem is in the glue that used in the
    CCD that after some time especially in wet and/or hot clima produces some
    oxydation in the CCD contacts. The CCD has many contacts, so the
    combinations are almost unfinite, for that the results are almost unique in
    every defective camera.

    I am almost sure that the failure you describes, is that exact failure. I am
    sure that Sony will repair your 717 free of charge. At least try it.

    Dimitris M, Nov 14, 2006
  7. Mike K

    Mike K Guest

    Thank you very much! I did call sony esupport and they wanted me to
    rest the camera first before taking it in for the CCD issue. I will try
    that today and see what happens. The problem with this issue is that
    its not consistent.

    Mike K, Nov 14, 2006
  8. Mike K

    Mike K Guest