    booted up for the first time, the bin showed trash in it, and the same
    files were back. What could be causing this problem? I've never seen it
    before. I'm using WIndows 98SE. Thanks.

    rfdjr1, Sep 18, 2003

  2. rfdjr1

    EricP Guest

    If you delete a defective Bin, after reboot, it will be rebuilt by
    Windows and hopefully work again

    EricP, Sep 18, 2003

  3. rfdjr1

    °Mike° Guest

    You probably have a damaged recycle bin. Boot into DOS
    (hold the CTRL key at startup, and choose Command Prompt
    Only from the menu). At the DOS prompt type:

    cd c:
    c:
    deltree /y recycled

    When you boot back into Windows, the recycle bin will be
    rebuilt from fresh.

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2003