    plus as well.

    Thanks for any and all assistance.

    Bob in RSM, CA

    Bob Hayden, Jun 28, 2005

  2. I got a Sony P200 as a supplement to our 300D and now I would rather
    take it most places instead of the Canon. I wanted a camera that I
    could take with me as easily as a cell phone and the Sony has been
    perfect for my needs. It has some very nice features like preset manual
    focus, manual control, spot/center weighted focus and metering, very
    well protected LCD screen, long 30 second exposure in manual mode, live
    histogram, readout of shutter and aperture before picture taken, has a
    very good lens and has fantastic battery life. I really like that I can
    put it in a pant pocket and carry it anywhere and with the thick LCD
    protector I don't have to worry about a bump or knock breaking it.
    There's many good small cameras on the market but, IMO, I don't think
    there is one that offers the features and capability of the P200 and can
    be bought for well under $350. I thought the memory stick and lack of
    AA batteries might be a problem but it hasn't been in the least. The
    battery will easily last for a full day of shooting that would fill up a
    1 gig memory stick. Plus with a lithium battery I don't have to worry
    about the drain that occurs with NiMH. I can go for 2-3 weeks without
    charging the P200 and still have plenty of battery left for picture
    taking. Also, the price of memory sticks aren't that bad and are about
    the same as SD cards.

    Michael Johnson, PE, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Bob Hayden

    JohnR66 Guest

    Small cameras and compact flash not common. Canon's A series cameras used to
    be fairly small and use 4AAs and compact flash, but the new A series was
    shrunck in size and now uses 2 AA batteries and mmc cards.

    Check out Canon's A520 or the Fuji A345 or A350.

    John

    JohnR66, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Bob Hayden

    Markeau Guest

    Markeau, Jun 28, 2005
  5. Bob Hayden

    Bob Guest

    There is a little Panasonic with a Leica lens... very very small camera... hide
    it in your cig pack... 5m pixels and 3x optical 3x digital zoom... AA batts...
    but CF cards are too big! It uses a smaller card I forget the name... even has
    sound recording and I guess movies...

    Model is something something.... '80' is all I remember!

    My Dad just bought one - very nice pics... around $400US I guess?

    Bob in Canada

    Bob, Jun 28, 2005
  6. Bob Hayden

    ASAAR Guest

    The Fuji E510 and E500 are competitive with Canon's A520 and A510.
    The Fuji A345 and A350 are very basic, allowing virtually no manual
    exposure control (shutter speed/aperture) other than a bit of
    compensation. While Fuji used to be at a disadvantage, using the
    much more expensive xD cards, their prices have dropped
    substantially recently. An example is B&H now selling 1GB xD cards
    for the same price as 1GB Sandisk CF cards of similar speed.

    ASAAR, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Bob Hayden

    grendel Guest

    My pentax optio s5i is fantastic when I don't want to lug around a
    whole bag full of dSLR stuff. Very acceptable image quality, 5mp, 3x
    zoom, very nice feel for something so bloody small. Yes, it fits in a
    slightly modified altoids tin.

    grendel, Jun 28, 2005
  8. Bob Hayden

    jeffrey Guest

    I got my pentax optio s5i in my pocket right now. i go everywhere with it.

    jeffrey, Jun 29, 2005