    Can anyone recommend a free program that will do a better job than
    "ZipRepair"?

    Thanks in advance for any info.

    PeeJay, Sep 3, 2003

  2. PeeJay

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 3, 2003

  3. PeeJay

    PeeJay Guest

    Thanks Mike but that is the "Zip-Repair" that I have already tries :-(

    PeeJay, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Not exactly a repair program but a plan - unzip -v to get a list of
    files within then unzip them individually - you'll at least get all the
    good ones.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 3, 2003
  5. PeeJay

    PeeJay Guest

    Thanks Steve - I will give it a try

    PeeJay, Sep 3, 2003
  6. PeeJay

    Boomer.. Guest

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
    And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
    post test messages, please use a TEST group.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)

    Boomer.., Sep 3, 2003
  7. PeeJay

    PeeJay Guest

    ??????????? !!!!!?????!!!!!?
    Where is the HTML in my post????
    And what is there about my post that was a test???!!!?!??!

    What are you getting at??!?!?!?

    PeeJay, Sep 4, 2003
  8. PeeJay

    Boomer Guest

    PeeJay said:
    PeeJay you might have noticed quite a fe "Boomers around lately. The
    one that you just replied to is the "other" TROLL Boomer. "It's"
    been morphing into other peoples identies also.

    There was nothing wrong with your post. :)

    You may have to start checking headers. It posts from various
    gateways like:

    ^ ^ ^
    "X-Mail2News"

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    "Gilgamesh-frogadmin.yi.org"

    Boomer, Sep 4, 2003
  9. PeeJay

    PeeJay Guest

    But now I see he is doing it to others too.

    This behaviour of Boomers is WORSE than posting in HTML or posting
    test messages!!

    PeeJay, Sep 4, 2003
  10. PeeJay

    Boomer Guest

    PeeJay said:
    Yup.

    Nice Aussie troll, isn't it?!!!

    Boomer, Sep 4, 2003
  11. PeeJay

    Barry OGrady Guest

    I had the same problem. I downloaded a 28 meg zip file from a newsgroup
    but a few parts were missing and winzip refused to open it.
    I couldn't see anywhere in winzip to repair a zip file but I remembered a
    DOS program called pkzipfix.exe. That did the job and I was able to recover
    all the zipped files that were complete.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Sep 4, 2003
  12. PeeJay

    diskrecovery

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    repair zip

    To repair your corrupt zip file for FREE, try using FREE method suggested here > Repair Corrupt ZIP

    diskrecovery, Oct 29, 2006