Recovery from broadband failure

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by Scott, Jun 18, 2014.

  1. Does the router talk to the modem using PPPoE?

    Brian Gregory, Jun 28, 2014

  2. Scott

    Bob Eager Guest

    Yes. Standard OpenReach VDSL modem.

    Bob Eager, Jun 28, 2014

  3. Brian Gregory, Jun 29, 2014
  4. I'm using a couple of Technicolors on my lines (one BT Retail and one
    Plusnet) - a TG589vnv3 and a TG799vnv2. Not really had a problem with
    either and I run a multitude of servers and have all my home media
    shared through them.

    One of the newer Homehubs would also do the trick unless you're adverse
    to them.
    Not at present no, sorry.

    Plusnet Support Team, Jul 1, 2014
  5. Scott

    Mark Guest

    How easy are the Technicolors to get hold of? I just did a (very
    brief) search and didn't see any for sale.

    And I am suspicious of anything with a BT badge on it ;-)

    My current thoughts is to go for a Zyxel because they have always been
    good IMHO. I haven't checked their VDSL offerings yet though.
    Or the timescales?

    Mark, Jul 2, 2014
  6. I wouldn't like to say Mark as I'm not that close to the procurement
    work to have any degree of faith in what I'd be telling you.

    Plusnet Support Team, Jul 2, 2014