    to recover 200+ pictures I had in it?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Mandar

    mandarj, Dec 28, 2006

  2. mandarj

    Colin_D Guest

    Google for PC Inspector File Recovery (Not Smart recovery). That
    program will recover all your images. It's free.

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Dec 28, 2006

  3. mandarj

    Cgiorgio Guest

    Sure you can. Go to the www.vaiosoft.com website and download their flash
    recovery program. You will however need to put your CF card into a card
    reader.

    Cgiorgio, Dec 28, 2006
  4. mandarj

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Yep, iF you haven't written to it since. I believe you can find
    something by Googling for photo recovery software.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 28, 2006
  5. mandarj

    Dave Cohen Guest

    And use the vaiosoft site mentioned earlier. I like it better than pc
    inspector. I actually use PhotoRescue because I paid for it before
    stumbling across the freebies.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Dec 28, 2006
  6. mandarj

    iws Guest

    As others have said, there are both free and fee programs for doing this. In
    my experience, I've found that such programs didn't necessarily recover all
    the files nor were the programs all equivalent in what they could recover. I
    suspect though that if you only formatted the card and did not write any
    more data to it that you should be able to recover all your pictures. Just
    to be sure, you should try a couple of the programs. You will of course need
    a CF reader to do all this.

    iws, Dec 28, 2006
  7. mandarj

    mandarj Guest

    Thanks all for replies. Its such a relief to know that these pictures
    can be recovered. Luckily I have not written anything to CF card after
    formatting. I will get to it once I reach home. Will let you guys know
    how it goes...

    Mandar

    mandarj, Dec 29, 2006
  8. mandarj

    Ken Lucke Guest

    Take it OUT of the camera. NOW. Before it DOES accidentally get
    written to.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Dec 29, 2006
  9. mandarj

    mandarj Guest

    Thanks. Just thats what I did.
    I ended up using VAIOsofts recovery manager. It worked great.

    Again, thanks a lot for all the help.

    Mandar

    mandarj, Jan 1, 2007