    does any one know any recovery software to recover data for a formatted
    partition?

    thanks for your tips in advance

    Amir, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Amir

    philo Guest

    Norton utilities has an unformat utility...

    if you google around you may find some freeware

    philo, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Amir

    HF Guest

    It only needs looking for.

    HF, Jul 10, 2004
  4. Amir

    Brad Griffis Guest

    Do you know if you did a "quick" format or a "full" format? A quick format
    erases the file table but still leaves the actual files intact. A full
    format actually wipes the disc clean. If that's what you did then I don't
    know if you'll be able to get your files back.

    Do not save ANYTHING onto that partition or you may overwrite data. You'll
    need software to recover the files off the drive. I once used File
    Scavenger and it did the trick:

    http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm

    It costs $39.95, but if you've got a lot of important stuff to recover it's
    well worth it.

    Good luck!

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Jul 10, 2004
  5. Amir

    Ardent Guest

    Sorry, the standard format program never ever touches the data area.
    When using quick format the system area is cleaned up so that it seems
    no files are there - but the data is still there.

    In the regular format operation the disk/partition is checked for bad
    sectors and then the system area is initialized. Again the data is
    there.

    If the /u option is not used format operation is supposed to keep a
    mirror of the system area with the help of which unformat programs can
    recover the data.

    HTH

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroup only

    For links to Harddisk management freeware
    http:/members.tripod.com/~diligent/harddisk.htm

    Ardent, Jul 13, 2004