recover data from reformatted hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by macy, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. macy

    macy Guest

    As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
    to the

    drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
    drive E used

    for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
    whole

    hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
    So the

    data were gone.
    i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
    didn't

    work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

    professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?
    Thanks!!!

    macy, Jan 23, 2008

  2. macy

    dadiOH Guest

    1. Do not use the computer for ANYTHING

    2. Take/send the hard drive to a data recovery company.

    3. Be prepared to spend $500 minimum.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jan 23, 2008

  3. macy

    Luce Guest

    Did you install the data recovery porgram on drive d and e? This cause
    overwritten. If it was overwritten, the data lost permanently.
    Taking to professional team usually cost too much. It's not difficult
    using data recovery software. Try this Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
    <http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=easeus&tag=srch>
    Try the demo to see if it recover your files before purchase.

    Find more data recovery program info here, hope it helpful:)
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...346767?hl=en&lnk=st&q=easeus#8ee9473ae4346767

    Luce, Jan 23, 2008
  4. --

    Ford Electronics Ltd
    01902 851715

    www.fordelectronics.co.uk

    Did you install the data recovery porgram on drive d and e? This cause
    overwritten. If it was overwritten, the data lost permanently.
    Taking to professional team usually cost too much. It's not difficult
    using data recovery software. Try this Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
    <http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=easeus&tag=srch>
    Try the demo to see if it recover your files before purchase.

    Find more data recovery program info here, hope it helpful:)
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...346767?hl=en&lnk=st&q=easeus#8ee9473ae4346767

    unplug the drives with data, reinsatll windows & recovery program, turn pc
    off, plug in the data drives, & try recovery.
    I find stellar quite good.

    roy

    Roy Collingwood, Jan 23, 2008
  5. macy

    Aardvark Guest

    But he certainly has one helluva sig.

    Aardvark, Jan 23, 2008
  6. macy

    Evan Platt Guest

    No, Roy does add a reply. His sig is at the top, his reply is at the
    bottom.

    Another Outhouse feature.

    Evan Platt, Jan 23, 2008
  7. macy

    G. Morgan Guest

    That's neat. When someone replies to it they get:

    Roy Collingwood wrote:

    <zip,nada,nothing>

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/oequotefix.html

    G. Morgan, Jan 23, 2008
  8. macy

    Evan Platt Guest

    Well, yeah, except in Agent, if I highlight text - any or everything,
    then hit R to reply, it quotes that text.

    Evan Platt, Jan 23, 2008
  9. macy

    G. Morgan Guest

    Yup... I use Agent too w/Nproxy covering my headers.

    G. Morgan, Jan 23, 2008