    decent quality boombox, headphone out to mic in on the soundcard. I know
    this isn't ideal, but it sounds very good through the computer speakers
    when listening to the tapes, but the .wav's suck.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 11, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    kenny Guest

    use the LINE in on the soundcard not the MIC in (because you will have
    distortion otherwise)

    kenny, Mar 11, 2005

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    dadiOH Guest

    If switching to "line in" rather than "mic" as Kenny told you doesn't
    work, look for a normalization function on PolderbitS. If none...

    1. Switch to a different grabber. CDex...Audiograbber...
    -OR -
    2. You could run them through Winamp if you have a plugin for it such as
    RockSteady, TomSteady, etc...anything that maintains an even volume in
    the file output as it plays. In this case, you would load the waves
    into Winamp, activate the steady plug in, select DiskWriter or WavWriter
    as the output plug in, select a directory for the output and then "play"
    the files.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Mar 11, 2005
  4.
    Kazuhiro Kajitani, Mar 11, 2005
  5. In
    Run the WAV through any sound editor and NORMALIZE to 95%.

    Poultice (-=tinOGc=-)

    Flaming Poultice, Mar 11, 2005
  6. You don't have to yell, I'm not deef. *G* Tried the line in first, was
    all garbled. It's not an exact impedence match of course, but the
    headphone out from the boombox to the mic in on the sound card actually
    sounds really good. There is no line out on the boombox. When running
    the headphone out to the line in it was totally unusable, way too distorted.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 11, 2005
  7. I'll give them a try tonight. I know I can run the .wav through a
    normalizer, but I was curious why it recorded that way to begin with.
    Reminded me of the way a Copyguarded VHS tape looked when copied without
    scrubbing the Copyguard.

    =?windows-1252?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 11, 2005