Recommendations Sought For Software That Scans Hard-Copy Document Into PDF File

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    I have 2 Brother MFC-6800 multifunction centres, one from 2002 and the other
    from 2004.

    Both are similar in that they create scanned files in .max format.

    At best, I'm able to convert them into JPGs.

    Each MFC has an auto document feeder.

    I would like to know if there is freeware that will convert a document,
    being passed through the automatic feeder, into a PDF file.

    I currently have a Word-To-PDF converter that I use for digital .docs, but I
    need one to
    convert hard-copies into PDFs "saved to file".

    Thanks in advance.

    Martin

    Martin, Mar 16, 2009

  2. Martin

    OldMan Guest

    Google reveals a number of hits "convert max format to pdf"

    OldMan, Mar 17, 2009

  3. Martin

    G. Morgan Guest

    I have a little MFC-210 and the software that came with it does that (.pdf).
    In fact, I found the software to be very useful. You can pre-program the
    scanned image resolution and file type easily. The software that came with
    mine is MFL-Pro. Have you tried it?

    --
    "Newspaper claims car thief transformed into a goat"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/ap_on_fe_st/odd_goat_thief_5

    **Important Update**
    Magic goat detained for armed robbery:
    http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=13298291

    G. Morgan, Mar 17, 2009
  4. Martin

    VanguardLH Guest

    Read the manual. If you can't find your copy, go get one from the
    vendors web site:

    http://www.brother-usa.com/manuals/...ductGroupID=5&WT.cg_n=Support&WT.cg_s=Manuals

    Page 14-8:

    Scan to File
    Destination Folder
    File - If you select "Other Folder", from the pull-down list select
    the type of file:
    PaperPort Files (*.MAX)
    Self Viewing Files (*.EXE)
    PaperPort 5.0 Files (*.MAX)
    PaperPort 4.0 Files (*.MAX)
    PaperPort 3.0 Files (*.MAX)
    Windows Bitmap (*.BMP)
    PC Paintbrush (*.PCX)
    Multi-page PCX (*.DCX)
    JPEG Image Files (.JPG)
    TIFF-Uncompress Files (*.TIF)
    TIFF Group 4 (*.TIF)
    TIFF Class F (*.TIF)
    Multi-Page TIFF-Uncompressed (*.TIF)
    Multi-Page TIFF Group 4 (*.TIF)
    Multi-Page TIFF Class F (*.TIF)
    PDF Files (*.PDF)
    Portable Network Graphics (*.PNG)
    FlashPix (*.FPX).
    HFX Fax Files (*.HFX)

    So just CHOOSE what file format you want to save your scanned document.
    PDF is already available. You WILL have to install their software. No
    3rd party software is required.

    VanguardLH, Mar 17, 2009