    I recall trying 'bigfix' once. I think something like that is called
    for. Also, perhaps a simple free backup utility?

    She will be installing a spybot detector and a firewall at my insistence.

    kill da rabbit, Jul 5, 2003

  2. kill da rabbit

    Boomer Guest

    Firewall
    Outpost
    http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpostfree.html

    And both of these:
    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Boomer, Jul 5, 2003

  3. kill da rabbit

    Boomer Guest

    :(

    Boomer, Jul 5, 2003
  4. crap.

    Well, there's somthing to get rid of! Running Kazaa is as good as installing
    a virus/trojan etc. GET RID. If they must, at least try Kazaa Lite or,
    better still WinMX.

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 5, 2003
  5. kill da rabbit, Jul 5, 2003
  6. would the kids be satisfied with WinMX and will it not bugger up her
    system? we both think they'll just keep reinstalling kazza.

    kill da rabbit, Jul 5, 2003
  7. Fair point.... If its on WinXP, why not set them as Limited users and
    password protect the admin account?

    That'll stop the little buggers

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 5, 2003