    Any recommendations, please?

    TIA,
    BigBen

    BigBen, Aug 8, 2005

  2. BigBen

    Ivor Jones Guest

    The Cyberphone K from voipvoice works ok, it's available from Maplins I
    believe. The keypad on it will only work with Skype though, unless
    someone's updated it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 8, 2005

  3. the vonage softphone works perfectly well

    Big Boy UK :-\), Aug 8, 2005
  4. BigBen

    Jono Guest

    Someone's updated it.

    Email xten (I've got the address somewhere) and they will send a link to
    download a version of X-lite for use with this phone. works well.

    Jono, Aug 8, 2005
  5. BigBen

    Steve Loft Guest

    X-Lite works with the Cyberphone K keypad, if you email Xten and ask for
    a modified version. I believe SJPhone also works with it. The Voipbuster
    software definitely doesn't work with the keypad, but of course will
    still work through the microphone and speaker.

    Steve Loft, Aug 8, 2005
  6. BigBen

    BigBen Guest

    Thank you!

    I looked at the VoipVoice site, and found that their simplest model is
    not sold by most retailers ;-)

    I could buy from them directly, but with shipping costs that would
    bring the price to the what can pay for the Ciberphone K in the stores
    around here - which I still think it's too much for just a handset...

    As it appears most handsets are just about as expensive, I think I'll
    go on using my sound card, and just plug the mic jack into the sound
    card, so that I can hear the softphone "ringing" for incoming calls.
    (If bnecessary, I can easily adjust the speakers volume to avoid echos
    and feedback.).

    Cheers,
    BigBen

    BigBen, Aug 8, 2005