Recommendations for a quality, compact, point & shoot - WHY

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Roy, May 14, 2005.

  1. Roy

    Roy Guest

    Why do people keep asking for recommendations here.

    We only have knowledge of the Cameras we use, and in most cases are happy
    about our choice.

    If there was one "BEST" then everyone would be using it, and it would be the
    only one stocked anywhere.

    Most of the well known makes are pretty good at what they do, and the only
    differences are really matters of personal choice.

    Where are the Buttons placed?
    How does it feel in my hand?
    Silver or Black?

    No-one else can answer these questions for you.

    So go and look at the Cameras in the Shops and decide for yourself. You
    might not like my camera, so why ask me.

    Roy G

    Roy, May 14, 2005

  2. Roy

    editor Guest

    Because those who've actually lived with a particular digicam for a
    while have a better understanding of its strengths and weaknesses than
    a 10-minute trial in a camera shop will give.

    See the http://stores.ebay.com/INTERNET-GUN-SHOW

    editor, May 14, 2005

  3. Roy

    Roy Guest

    That is the point.

    If they want to know whether a particular camera has weaknesses or
    strengths, and ask about that camera, they will get sensible and usually
    helpful answers from owners.

    They don't do that.

    They ask for recommendations on what camera they should buy from the entire
    range. How do I know whether my Canon XXX is better than your Fuji yyy, or
    someone elses Oly ZZZ or whatever.

    Roy G

    Roy, May 14, 2005