    Executing such a query on www.dpreview.com yields way too many results.
    What is the de facto standard in this category?
    Thanks!

    Adam Cohn, May 14, 2005

  2. Would be interested to know if you have an upper price limit. Personally, I
    like the Canon "digital Elph" line - metal cases, small, definitely
    pocket-size, not the cheapest but the quality is pretty decent. Doesn't
    feel like plastic at all (because it's not!). I have owned two of them, and
    have been quite happy with both.

    Churchill, Dave, May 14, 2005

  3. Adam  Cohn

    Robert Barr Guest

    Kodak.

    Robert Barr, May 14, 2005
  4. I have had very good results with a Pentax S40, but it has somewhat
    longer-than-normal delays between shots when using NiMH rechargeable
    batteries. Using a lithium CRV3 battery shortens the cycle time a bit.

    The Kodak LS743 is a very good choice, and it uses a proprietary
    lithium-ion battery.

    Both these cameras are pocket-size, have a 3X optical zoom, and use
    small SD memory cards. I like the metal body cladding better than
    plastic. The Kodak has very small control buttons and toggles that made
    my choose the Pentax instead, but the Pentax had very impressive
    voice-recording functions that I've found useful as well.

    Pentax upgraded it to the S50 (a 5 MP camera) in 2004.

    -Cardamon Dave

    Cardamon Dave, May 14, 2005
  5. Adam  Cohn

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You neglect to mention the most essential requirement, cost.

    Ron Hunter, May 14, 2005
  6. Adam  Cohn

    Roy Guest

    Hi.

    "Executing such a query on www.dpreview.com yields way too many results."

    That's because there are so many cameras. You are liable to get just as
    many different replies here.

    Go into a Camera Shop and have a look at what they have.
    Then just pick the one you, or they, like.

    Roy G

    Roy, May 14, 2005
  7. Adam  Cohn

    Adam Cohn Guest

    Well I had mentioned in the post title that about $200 is what I am
    aiming for.
    Thanks for the pointers so far; happy to hear other suggestions as
    well.
    By the way, what causes the lag between shots?
    Thanks!
    Adam

    Adam Cohn, May 14, 2005