Recommendation for short shutter lag digital camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by fleh, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. fleh

    fleh Guest

    I want to buy a 3 megapixel digital camera
    for roughly $300. The camera will be used
    almost exclusively for photos of two young
    (rapidly moving) children.

    Any specific suggestions for cameras with
    short shutter lag?

    From recent threads on this general topic I
    I understand that' pre-focusing' would help
    in any event, but the person who will be
    using the camera may not want to bother
    with this. (The user is a parent with no
    great love of technology...) So I'd like
    recommendations for cameras with
    relatively short lag in normal (autofocus)
    mode.

    The only other mandatory feature is an
    optical zoom. I don't care about digital
    zoom.

    Thanks!

    aw

    fleh, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Kyocera S5R. Kyocera is using NuCore's processor which enables very short
    shuter lag.

    Steven M. Scharf, Apr 27, 2004

  3. fleh

    lazy monkey Guest

    Try the Japanese version of Leica Digilux 1 (can't remember the model, its
    made by Panasonic at about half the price of Leica). Look at reviews at
    dpreview.com.

    lazy monkey, Apr 30, 2004