    location, 5 in the other), each with ddi.

    Rgds

    Phil

    Big Phil, May 14, 2007

  2. Big Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Try Gradwell. Well regarded and the MD posts here sometimes.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 14, 2007

  3. Big Phil

    Tim Guest

    20 handsets is a lot to have on one site for hosted, if you are heavy
    telephone users.

    Depends how many phone calls you make. A full speed ADSL Max upload
    will give you 6/7 calls.

    You may need 2 ADSL lines or something faster.

    Tim

    Tim, May 15, 2007
  4. Big Phil

    Ross Beer Guest

    Hi,

    I would have to agree with Tim, our clients with many Virtual PBX
    extensions opt for SDSL so that their upload speed is the same as their
    download. Its something you may wish to consider if you are going to
    have 20 extensions on one site, especially if you do have many
    concurrent calls.

    Ross

    Ross Beer, May 15, 2007
  5. Big Phil

    Big Phil Guest

    Hi

    Bandwidth was an issue that has crossed my mind, seeing as that our
    main office location doesn't have SDSL and BT don't plan to install it
    for quite sometime. But the management are very keen on hosted
    services because of the reduced hardware/support costs and relatively
    easy managment/configuration of the system. Also they liked the fact
    that is one site was to lose internet connectivy the other site can
    continue to receive/make calls.

    Rgds

    Phil

    Big Phil, May 15, 2007
  6. Big Phil

    alexd Guest

    The management can be as keen on it as they like, but if you don't have
    adequate bandwidth, it just isn't going to work! How many concurrent calls
    are you expecting to have?

    Having thought about it, one possible solution to lack of bandwidth is to
    have calls queue on the SPs PBX until your 'line' is free again.

    alexd, May 15, 2007
  7. Big Phil

    Jon Farmer Guest

    The company I work for offer this. We only work through resellers but if
    you contact they will put you in touch with one.

    Regards

    Jon

    Jon Farmer, May 15, 2007
  8. Big Phil

    Pete Guest

    Going by my own experiences with enta.net I certainly wouldn't entrust
    any mission-critical operations to them.

    It took them bordering on a whole month to implement a single ADSL
    connection. Tech-support was worse than useless and the entire problem
    was caused by it would appear, the inability to set the correct password
    to the account. There was just one person on their "technical support"
    contact with whom communication was completely pointless. I would rather
    have been speaking to an Indian call center than dealing with "Kevin" !!

    Fortunately the ADSL connection is a fail over for my Cable connection
    so it only kicks in when cable connection fails or when upload/download
    hits pre-defined limits which is very rarely so for the amount I use it
    it serves the purpose and was the cheapest option as no-one else seemed
    to offer a PAYG connection.

    After the initial farce I would never recommend enta.net even for a
    simple domestic service.

    For the O.P. we have all incoming business calls coming in through
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk
    It's had a couple of temporary outages (check the forum for specifics
    http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com) but they do seem to get stuff sorted
    very quickly. Another page of interest is the following
    http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/about741.html

    HTH
    Pete

    Pete , May 16, 2007
  9. Big Phil

    Ross Beer Guest

    Big Phil,

    Your right call queues would help, as long as people didn't mind waiting
    to make calls. i.e if there was a phone on every desk.

    An alternative would be to have multiple ADSL accounts, with good upload
    speeds. I think you can get up to 800Kbps with some business providers.

    Also changing codec may be another way to save some bandwidth, you could
    possibly use a GSM codec which uses much less bandwidth than G711 'ulaw'
    or 'alaw'. Though there is a difference in call quality.

    Ross

    Ross Beer, May 16, 2007
  10. Yes. We have sites with upto 40 handsets and quite a few sites with ~20
    handsets.

    A 2 meg SDSL line dedicated to the phones, from some one like
    www.newnet.co.uk works very well (we use this in our office) as you can
    get about 20 concurrent calls out of it.

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Jun 1, 2007
  11. Big Phil

    Jon Farmer Guest

    Entanet provide this service. We work through resellers though so you
    would need to contact one of those to signup.

    Our minimum contract term is only one month if you wish to trial it.

    Regards

    Jon

    Jon Farmer, Jun 2, 2007