    Any recommendations please?
    TIA
    Neal

    Neal Phillips, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Neal Phillips

    Daniel Guest

    Albatron FX5200EP 128MB card (VGA + DVI + TV/out). Has dual 350MHz DACs, and
    image quality is good (I've tried one). Plus, has no annoying fan, but, the
    heatsink is fairly serious for this type of card (so make sure you haven't
    got any components - like a front-panel audio connectors for instance, hovering
    right where the heatsink sticks out).

    $129.67 from Ascent (www.ascent.co.nz).

    Doesn't sell with a DVI->VGA adapter, so you need to buy that separate.

    Cheers,

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Neal Phillips

    Daniel Guest

    Now that my "pricespy" is finally working, looks like a dual-head FX5200
    from Super Cheap Computers is selling for $88.82.

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Neal Phillips

    Daniel Guest

    Now, I remember why I purchased that card.

    It's got 3 year warranty!

    Daniel, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Daniel
    Many thanks for all that.
    Cheers
    Neal

    Neal Phillips, Oct 22, 2004
  6. I have a matrox G450 16MB that I was going to sell in here(limited
    audience for it elsewhere).
    anyone know what they're worth?

    although a lot of the cheaper cards do it just as good these days.

    Nvidia GF5200 or something similar would probably be fine.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  7. Neal Phillips

    Matthias Guest

    Matrox. You should be able to get a used G450 reasonably cheaply.

    -- Matthias

    Matthias, Oct 22, 2004
  8. heh, see my post.
    lovely graphics quality, hence why I've kept it.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004
  9. Neal Phillips

    bAZZ Guest

    Don't those do fixed freq too ? If so a damn fine card.
    bAZZ..>>
    If you try me, you'll buy me
    If you buy me, you'll use me
    If you use me, you'll abuse me