    features (including flash). I can follow up the details myself to shift
    through the information. My first digital was a Logitech QuickCam Traveler.
    Thank you all.

    Peter, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Peter

    Matt Guest

    $300 max for the camera itself or do you mean including all accessories? My
    Canon A70 3.2MP camera has cost me about $400 with the case and 356MB CF
    card.

    Matt, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Peter

    Bill Grubbs Guest

    checkout the A70 from B&H online. Great ordering experience and I love the
    camera. With 128MB Memory card it was just over 300 including shipping.

    Bill Grubbs, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Peter

    jb Guest

    Canon A70!

    jb, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Peter

    Fred Guest

    I like the Kodak DX6340. It has 16 MB internal memory, and with 128MB
    SD card (at Costco) the total is just about $400.

    Best features are a 4X optical zoom (= 144 mm on a 35-mm camera) with
    an excellent lens system, powerful flash, some manual control (of
    aperture and shutter speed). For some reason Kodak is looked down on
    by some, but they've come up with a good camera for both first-time
    users wanting a point-and-shoot, and for intermediate users.

    Fred, Jul 17, 2003
  6. May I ask, where have you seen a Nikon 3100 (I assume you mean the
    CoolPix 3100) for $300?

    RR

    Ralph O'Rourke, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Peter

    Don Coon Guest

  8. Peter

    chibitul Guest

    What about Pentax Optio 33L? No one talks about it, although reviews
    seem good. I just adviced a friend to get one, hope I didn't make a
    mistake??? Thanks!

    chibitul, Jul 18, 2003
  9. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Thank you everybody for your recommendations and pointers..........now comes
    the hard part! Happy snapping!
    Kind regards, Peter

    Peter, Jul 19, 2003