    I've seen the canon powershot A70, and Sony DSC-72. Are there and other small
    cameras out there that take batteries?

    Thanks.

    Ken Williams, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Ken Williams

    Paul Heslop Guest

    quite a lot of them. User the 'shop by brand' section on this site and
    check the supplied accessories details for each camera, which should
    make it obvious what kind of battery they take, then if you see one you
    like take a look at it's specifications, which are usually in the little
    menu under the image, this shows all the nitty gritty including size.
    http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/samsung-digimax-200-digital-camera-deals.htm

    lots of compacts doing the rounds, the new olympus are supposed to be
    nice and compact but there are just too many small cameras to name them
    all

    Paul Heslop, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Ken Williams

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Just one point you may not be aware of. Regular alkaline batteries don't last
    long in digicams at all. The high internal resistance limits their use in
    high current situations.. Digicams draw a lot of juice.

    You'll probably only get 10-20 shots before they have to be replaced.

    Rechargable NiMh batteries last a *lot* longer but of course need a charger.

    It's good to have a camera that takes AA cells in an emergency.. You can run in
    to any store and get a set. But the fact they don't last makes full time use
    a very expensive option.

    Jim Townsend, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Ken Williams

    Paul Heslop Guest

    I actually took hundreds with my first set of batteries supplied, about
    150/250 if memory serves me right. I still replaced them like greased
    lightning and now have four rotating nihm batteries on the go.

    Paul Heslop, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Ken Williams

    gr Guest

    Ha! A 0.1 megapixel camera with 352 x 288 max resolution? Maybe it would
    take okay pictures for those old CGA graphics from PCs 15 years ago! Okay,
    it would also produce some nice 1"x1" prints.

    gr, Aug 27, 2003