    separate search.

    Lex

    ||, Mar 17, 2007

  2. Inside you can have either IDE (2.5" or 3.5") or SATA, but not both.
    Outside there is (any combination of) usb/firewire and even eSATA
    connectors, with or without a ethernet port.
    Some ethernet drive enclosures use a proprietary protocol and need a
    (windows-only) driver for mapping as a network drive.

    Walter Mautner, Mar 17, 2007

  3. ||

    WhzzKdd Guest

    As Walter said, you won't get an enclosure that does both IDE and SATA. Take
    your pick. Then shop:

    Firewire:
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2010090092&bop=And&SrchInDesc=firewire&Page=1>

    Ethernet:
    <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2010090092&bop=And&SrchInDesc=ethernet&Page=1>

    Warning: read the user reviews on any of those - some can be real crap.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 17, 2007
  4. ||

    WhzzKdd Guest

    WhzzKdd, Mar 17, 2007