    emails. These emails were originally sent yesterday and today.

    Could this possibly be something I am doing? Or is it simply something
    wrong with my ISP?

    Bill Schowengerdt, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Bill Schowengerdt

    philo Guest

    you need to look at the settings for the mail reader
    there should be a setting such as: "leave read messages on the server"
    or "delete read messages on the server"

    philo, Oct 28, 2003

  3. On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:56:19 -0600, In the heat of the moment, "philo"
    I am using Agent. It has a checkbox "leave read messages on the server".
    The box is unchecked.

    However, your suggestion caused me to check my ISP webmail and those 16
    messages were in my inbox. I deleted them and thus got no more messages
    until I sent myself a test message. I now receive multiple copies of that
    message.

    Which leads me to believe that when other messages come into my inbox,
    the same thing will happen. Thus, unless someone suggests otherwise? I
    will assume this is my ISP's problem (Surgemail).

    Thank you

    Bill Schowengerdt, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Bill Schowengerdt

    philo Guest

    looks like you;ve got your mail reader configured ok

    but maybe you should try another reader to see what happens
    before you call your ISP

    philo, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Bill Schowengerdt

    Rrtch70 Guest

    could possibly be something on your isp's server....if your isp has web mail
    capibilty log into webmail and see if those messages are still on the
    server...if they are purge them off the server....if there is none there check
    your client to see if there is an option to leave copies on the server if it is
    a chosen properties uncheck to leave a copy on the server...hopefully this
    helps....

    RRTCH70

    Rrtch70, Oct 29, 2003