    function with alkalines.

    Anyone have success with rechargeable AA batteries with this battery
    pack.

    john chapman, Aug 19, 2004

  2. You need "proper" rechargeables - NiMH - not toy batteries.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 19, 2004

  3. john chapman

    Ed Ruf Guest

    I'll hazard a guess this is similar to the problem some have
    experienced with the MB-E5700 for the CP-5700/8700. High capacity NiMH
    batteries do not necessarily conform to the standard AA dimensions. As
    such they may not make contact at the positive terminal. I eventually
    got Nikon to replace it under warranty. If you care for the long
    version of the story, see:
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/CP_5700/Nits/Cp5700_nits.html
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Aug 19, 2004