    correctly.

    any ideas?

    Thanks!

    John, Jun 16, 2005

  2. John

    why? Guest

    You may like to mention which cleaner, what options you selected like
    clear or disable or maybe both.
    www.google.com
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 262,000 English pages for

    xp enable start menu recent programs

    (0.22 seconds)

    XP sites like
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_menu.htm
    http://www.aumha.org/

    Me

    why?, Jun 16, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    Uh... YEAH!
    Sooooo... then, you don't have any ideas yourself? You just gotta be a
    smartass? I tried web searches first, Einstein. Nothing fit my problem.

    Don't respond unmless you have the specific answer to a specific problem.

    Killfiles enabled.

    John, Jun 17, 2005
  4. John

    why? Guest

    So it can't be a problem if 'looks like everything is set up'.
    Yes read the information about the start menu / properties, clearing
    items, viewing items , number of items , pin to menu options.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_menu.htm
    So you also forgot to mention that, that's your fault by omission.
    As mentioned before the following words apply -

    battery , crystal , flat and ball.
    Oh now I am scared, the unmless is after me.

    That's another idiot that can't read the information about the start
    menu / properties, clearing items, viewing items , number of items , pin
    to menu options. Or specify if it's the user / system / user pin part
    of the menu.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/start_menu.htm

    Anyway you didn't answer the question about the registry cleaner, or
    since you are so mart yourelf you didn't think it wise to turn on any
    logging , undo facility of get a registry cleaner that has those
    features.

    Then of course , making your own backup before making changes, sort of
    like the warning about 'edit the registry at your own risk' that nearly
    every site mentions that deals with registry edits.

    This looks like a good search,
    www.google.com - xp start menu recent used
    even better
    www.google.com - xp start menu recent show hide
    The only smart thing you may have done this year. Lucky me.

    Me

    why?, Jun 17, 2005
  5. John

    why? Guest

    That will be 'smart' and 'yourself'. Yuck I hate new keyboards.
    'of' to 'or'.

    Wot a day.
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jun 17, 2005
  6. John

    why? Guest

    2nd search , 1st hit. Recent documents + the registry key + enable and
    disable values.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jun 17, 2005
  7. John

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> www.google.com
    |>> Web Results 1 - 10 of about 262,000 English pages for
    |>>
    |>> xp enable start menu recent programs
    |>>
    |>> (0.22 seconds)

    |>Sooooo... then, you don't have any ideas yourself? You just gotta be a
    |>smartass? I tried web searches first, Einstein. Nothing fit my problem.

    Sooooo your saying there is nothing on the web that can help you?

    Need to refine your search, WHY came back with:

    Pennywise, Jun 17, 2005
  8. John

    why? Guest

    LOL :)