    showing up in the start menu. Twk xp does not do it. Is there a quick
    and easy way to get rid of those needless shortcuts for good?
    And if so what is an easy way?

    Mandy, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Mandy

    Meat Plow Guest

    Make a backup of your registry first.

    Launch registry editor.

    Scroll to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

    Right-click on the right pane and select new, DWORD value. Name it
    NoRecentDocsMenu. Double-click and enter 1 as value. To restore the
    Documents menu, reverse the steps by changing 1 to 0 or delete DWORD value.

    Meat Plow, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Mandy

    Mandy Guest

    Thanks, after restart it worked fine.

    Mandy, Nov 21, 2006
  4. Mandy

    Ron Martell Guest

    Right-click on the Start button and select Properties.
    Click on the customize button.
    Go to the Advanced tab.
    Click on the checkbox for "List my most recently used...." to clear
    it.
    Click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Nov 21, 2006
  5. "Meat Plow" had a moment of inspiration and a sharing spirit
    in news:p-meatplow.local:

    Really nice one! Thanks; I may just use it. In fact, I probably will.

    --

    To me, truth is not some vague and/or foggy notion.
    Truth *is* real! And, at the same time - unreal.

    This is "truth," to me.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 21, 2006
  6. Mandy

    John Guest

    This does not work from the classic version you have to be in teh XP
    start menu

    John

    John, Nov 21, 2006
  7. Mandy

    Meat Plow Guest

    When I do that on XP Home, it opens up explorer and nests me in \start
    menu

    Meat Plow, Nov 21, 2006