Receiving emails in Outlook and outlook Express reboots computer.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by J-McC, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. J-McC

    J-McC Guest

    Hi All I had an interesting problem earlier today. I started my PC
    and when it was ready I opened OUTLOOK 2003 and started downloading
    some emails. After downloading 4 or 5 emails my computer suddenly
    rebooted. This happened several times. It also occurred with Outlook
    Express. I thought maybe its a virus, Damm!

    I restarted in safe mode, (networked) and logged on to my ISP
    (Bigpond) and then webmail where I noticed I had a bunch of emails
    that were in foreign (Asian) characters. I deleted these and several
    offering me a bigger penis, not sure what I would do with a bigger
    one.

    I restarted in normal mode and luckily these weird emails would seem
    to have been the problem as my system has run as well IE7 will let it.
    I did a virus and spyware scan and everything would appear to be
    normal.

    Just thought this news might be of some use as I was going to do all
    sort of checks till I decided to look at my emails on the webmail
    page.

    JMCC

    J-McC, Jul 11, 2007

  2. J-McC wrote:

    > I restarted in safe mode, (networked) and logged on to my ISP
    > (Bigpond) and then webmail where I noticed I had a bunch of emails
    > that were in foreign (Asian) characters. I deleted these and several
    > offering me a bigger penis, not sure what I would do with a bigger
    > one.

    You could enter it in contests and perhaps win valuable prizes.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 11, 2007