    Is there any way her incoming emails can be received by my computer please?
    I have Windows ME. Outlook Express 5.5, also Yahoo and Hotmail.
    Thank you Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 18, 2003

  2. geopelia

    riz Guest

    what virus was it and how was it wrecked? Are you sure she has to buy a new
    computer?

    You can probably configure your computer with her ISP connection info/email
    address

    riz, Sep 19, 2003

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "riz" <> wrote in message
    > what virus was it and how was it wrecked? Are you sure she has to buy a

    new
    > computer?
    >
    > You can probably configure your computer with her ISP connection

    info/email
    > address
    >
    > geopelia wrote in message ...
    > >A friend's computer has been wrecked by a virus. She must buy another.
    > >Is there any way her incoming emails can be received by my computer

    please?
    > >I have Windows ME. Outlook Express 5.5, also Yahoo and Hotmail.
    > >Thank you Geopelia

    I don't know what virus, but think it was the bug that was around recently.
    Her computer is 1998 and the technician says it would cost more to fix it
    than to buy a new one.

    geopelia, Sep 19, 2003
  4. geopelia

    Mellowed Guest

    Some services allow emails to be forwarded. Check it out.

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    : A friend's computer has been wrecked by a virus. She must buy another.
    : Is there any way her incoming emails can be received by my computer
    please?
    : I have Windows ME. Outlook Express 5.5, also Yahoo and Hotmail.
    : Thank you Geopelia
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Sep 19, 2003
  5. geopelia

    Stevo Guest

    geopelia wrote:
    > A friend's computer has been wrecked by a virus. She must buy another.
    > Is there any way her incoming emails can be received by my computer
    > please? I have Windows ME. Outlook Express 5.5, also Yahoo and
    > Hotmail.
    > Thank you Geopelia

    In your Outlook Express you just need to creat a new mail account with the
    correct details.. I'd recommend that you also create a new folder for her
    emails and then set up a Message Rule to redirect those emails to that
    folder to avoid confusion.

    You can elect to leave a copy of the emails on the server if you wish, for
    when she is connected up again..

    The only thing that will probably not be possible is to automatically reply
    to emails received on that account.

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Sep 19, 2003
  6. Hi

    I'd be amazed if the computer had been completely wrecked. At the worst
    it's likely to need a re-installation of the operating system. Which is a
    lot easier to do do than it may appear. Most people on this newsgroup would
    be able to give you advice on how to do this and your friends ISP will be
    able to help with reconfiguring her internet and e-mail settings.

    Phlebas Considered, Sep 19, 2003
  7. geopelia wrote:

    > I don't know what virus, but think it was the bug that was around
    > recently. Her computer is 1998 and the technician says it would cost more
    > to fix it than to buy a new one.

    Tell that technician to stuff it and find another, he's trying to con you.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    <<Take THAT, VeriSlime!

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 19, 2003
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Phlebas Considered" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'd be amazed if the computer had been completely wrecked. At the worst
    > it's likely to need a re-installation of the operating system. Which is a
    > lot easier to do do than it may appear. Most people on this newsgroup

    would
    > be able to give you advice on how to do this and your friends ISP will be
    > able to help with reconfiguring her internet and e-mail settings.
    >

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > > A friend's computer has been wrecked by a virus. She must buy another.
    > > Is there any way her incoming emails can be received by my computer

    > please?
    > > I have Windows ME. Outlook Express 5.5, also Yahoo and Hotmail.
    > > Thank you Geopelia

    Thanks to all. I have printed your instructions out and will send them to
    her by snail mail.

    She has just informed me that she only has Hotmail. I don't know much, but
    think I could manage from you kind people's instructions, if she decides she
    wants me to get the emails. Her computer is very old, 1998. She can only
    type words and print them out, but not save anything or do anything else. No
    email or internet, and she can't get into her documents etc.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 19, 2003
  9. geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 19, 2003