Received E-mail attachments are "greyed" out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert G. Polk, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. I cannot access any e-mail attachments, since they are "greyed" out.

    Frustrated Old Bob

    Robert G. Polk, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Robert G. Polk

    Michael Guest

    Tools/Options/Security

    Uncheck "Do not allow..."

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Robert G. Polk

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / Security.
    Uncheck, 'Do not allow attachments to be saved...'

    °Mike°, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Robert G. Polk

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Robert G. Polk

    Mike M. Guest

    If your are using Outlook Express click on Tools>Options>Security and then
    uncheck the box next to "Do not allow files to be opened or saved that may
    potentially be a virus"

    If you are using Outlook 2k2 you may need a 3rd party software. There is
    one here that I have used http://www.mcdev.com/outlook.html look for
    "DetachXP"

    Rig

    Mike M., Jul 17, 2003
  6. Robert G. Polk

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Jul 17, 2003
  7. If you are using Outlook Express go to Tools | Options | Security and
    uncheck Do not allow attachments
    to be saved or opened that could potentially contain a virus.
    We get this questions at least once per day.
    DennisC

    Dennis C. Cooney, Aug 6, 2003
  8. Robert G. Polk

    Boomer Guest

    Dennis C. Cooney said:
    [snip]

    You just told Rebecca this?

    I believe she has said the same thing and to the OP.

    Boomer, Aug 6, 2003
  9. Boomer, your sigh is really inappropriate because it is pre-sumptious. How
    can you decide that the poster you are sighing about has his reader settings
    in a certain way--or his server has storage rules that warrant you
    sighing-as regards messsage retention and deletion? If I am missing
    something here I will be glad to be enlightened as well as appreciative.
    ( I will add one thing, though. This HP keyboard that came with my PC is
    just too damn small and I mis-type and mis-click all the time----I hate
    small keyboards).

    You like'em big? Or does size count???? (sorry--couldn't resist that
    attempt at humor)

    (;o)

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Aug 6, 2003