"rec.photo.digital.txt" and "rec.photo.digital.dat" Filter DataUpdated and Posted

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. In the on-going effort to de-troll r.p.d., I have automated the
    extraction of the trolls' e-mail addresses from my newsreader's filter
    file into a text file. Feel free to import this list into your news
    reader's filter list if it is capable of importing text files of e-mail
    addresses to filter.

    I have also provided a filter file in Thunderbird format
    (rec.photo.digital.dat) for those readers that use the Thunderbird news
    reader.

    So far the response has been good, with 55 downloads (combined for all
    revisions). Check back often, as the trolls change names several times a
    day in order to be as obnoxious as possible. I'll update the files every
    couple of days.

    Contentts
    ---------
    1.0 Text File of E-mail Addresses to Filter
    1.1 Thunderbird Filter File to Cut and Paste

    1.0 Text File of E-mail Addresses to Filter

    For those Usenet readers that use news readers than can import lists of
    e-mail addresses to filter out I've posted the "rec.photo.digital.txt"
    file with all the filters for the resident trolls included.

    Overview
    --------
    I have posted a text file with the e-mail addresses of all of the
    resident trolls, and I will update it as these individuals change their
    identities in their continuing effort to be as obnoxious as possible.

    The file is at "http://nordicgroup.us/rpdfilter/rec.photo.digital.txt"

    Use it with your newsreader to import the e-mail addresses to filter out.

    1.1 Thunderbird Filter File to Cut and Paste

    For those rec.photo.digital readers that use Thunderbird, I've posted
    the "rec.photo.digital.dat" file with all the filters for the resident
    trolls included.

    Overview
    --------
    "rec.photo.digital.dat" contains all of your filters for rec.photo.digital.

    Thunderbird doesn't provide any mechanism for importing filters, but by
    pasting the contents of the file I posted into your
    "rec.photo.digital.dat" file you can add in hundreds of filters with
    little effort.

    I have posted a file that filters out all of the resident trolls, and I
    will update it as these individuals change their identities in their
    continuing effort to be as obnoxious as possible.

    Simply replace the contents of your "rec.photo.digital.dat" file with
    the contents I provided. This will add in all the filters I have
    accumulated. I will update this file every few days.

    Instructions
    -------------
    Go to "http://nordicgroup.us/rpdfilter/rec.photo.digital.dat"

    Right Click and choose: "Select All"

    Right Click and choose "Copy"

    Search for "rec.photo.digital.dat"

    Open it with Notepad (you may be prompted as to which program to use to
    open it with--choose Notepad or any plain text editor)

    Click "edit" then "select all"

    Click "paste"

    Save and close.

    Repeat this procedure often. I will keep the file updated as often as
    possible.

    You can use the contents of the file for any of your Usenet ".dat" files
    for any newsgroup.

    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 28, 2007

  2. Jørn Dahl-Stamnes, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Sorry about that. When I uploaded the latest version I forgot to change
    the file name properly. It works now.

    SMS 斯蒂文• å¤, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Not that it's going to do him nor anyone any good. But it keeps the
    resident troll who knows NOTHING about photography and cameras busy
    trying to compile a new list every day.

    Oh, didn't you know? That 98% that list is addresses from valid users?
    Anyone that's ever proven SMS wrong is on that list. He doesn't want
    anyone seeing the people that keep proving him wrong. LOL!!!!!!!

    SMS the TROLL, Nov 28, 2007