    but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does anyone
    know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.
    Tnxs.... Peter

    Bosjespeer, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Bosjespeer

    Pennywise Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:33:04 +0200, "Bosjespeer"
    <> wrote:

    |>Hello everybody,
    |>I have a big problem. My computer reboots frequently (10-15 times a day), so
    |>i suspected a virus..... I used Norman and Panda Plantinum to discover it,
    |>but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does anyone
    |>know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.

    Run (WinKey+R) drwtsn32
    and look at the application errors it will tell you what program is
    causing your problem.

    Another place to look is to run eventvwr

    Pennywise, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Bosjespeer wrote:

    > Hello everybody,
    > I have a big problem. My computer reboots frequently (10-15 times a day),
    > so i suspected a virus..... I used Norman and Panda Plantinum to discover
    > it, but both didn't find anything (and yes, they have been updated). Does
    > anyone know this problem, and has an answer to fix it? I use windows 2000.
    > Tnxs.... Peter

    Take a look at the event viewer. And uncheck the "reboot on error" setting
    to fetch the BSOD's.
    Another thing is to look at "pc health" status (temperatures, supply
    voltages). If you have a spare powersupply hanging around, exchange it.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Bosjespeer

    Glyn Bolan Guest

    Here's the link to a handy website that has the stinger virus scan if you
    suspect a worm or virus etc..

    http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.asp

    Glyn Bolan, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Bosjespeer

    Hooter Guest

    Here's another one. I had a similar problem where my PC would reboot when
    the fridge came on. It turned out to be a failing power supply which cooked
    the whole system about two weeks after the problem first appeared.

    Hooter, Oct 26, 2004