    the two cameras at these settings?
    thanks
    Cohibakid

    cohibakid, Jul 14, 2004

  2. cohibakid

    Matthias Guest

    The difference would be in the noise. On the bottom of
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/page14.asp
    there's a graph comparing noise levels.

    The difference between Rebel 100 and D70 200 is slightly smaller than
    between D70 200 and D70 800. However, I've no idea how the axes are
    scaled and what they actually measure.

    Matthias

    Matthias, Jul 14, 2004

  3. see the above post

    it seems one supports and respects its customers far better than the other

    Artie

    Arte Phacting, Jul 14, 2004
  4. cohibakid

    Tom Scales Guest

    Pretty biased thread, don't you think?

    D70 is a better camera than the 300d. Hands down.

    That said, they're both fine cameras.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 15, 2004
  5. In features, it kicks the 300D's butt. All the way across the playground and
    out into the street. Splat! But it doesn't have the seriously low-noise ISO
    100 the 300D does, and the weaker AA filter means that in exchange for
    apparently sharper images you occassionally see some really ugly Moire. Very
    occasionaly, I realize.
    They're both flipping amazing cameras. My preference is for the 300D. But
    the D70 features make it better for anyone who can use said features,
    especially the much faster burst and continuous shooting rates. The D70 has
    a nore useful kit lens as well.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Jul 15, 2004